RenewalTracker Privacy Statement
For residents of the EU, please note that this Policy has been updated in accordance with the requirements of EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), however those requirements may have changed which may cause RenewalTracker to be out of compliance. For residents of the US, by visiting, joining, or using RenewalTracker, or otherwise indicating that you agree to this Policy, you consent to, and authorize our use of your personal information as described in this Policy.
When you use RenewalTracker, there are expectations for how you must respect and protect the privacy of other Subscribers. These are spelled out in our Subscriber Agreement. Please read it. Violating these rules or other aspects of the RenewalTracker Subscriber Agreement may lead to a loss of account privileges, potentially including a permanent ban from RenewalTracker.
What is RenewalTracker?
RenewalTracker helps manage business and personal licenses, permits, certificates and any other recurring renewal items such as tax obligations, customer agreements, and hardware/software maintenance contracts, among many others, in a secured, central, online environment ensuring all essential regulatory compliance and payment renewals are not missed.
We use “RenewalTracker” here to refer to all the RenewalTracker websites, mobile apps, API, including the general marketing website and our subscription-based environment, (also referred to as our Services) that provide you with access to all platforms. We also use “RenewalTracker”, “we”, “us” and “our” to refer to the companies operating our Services.
Who provides the Services and controls my information?
The Services are operated and provided to you by RenewalTracker, LLC and our third-party partners.
Our legal bases for collecting, using, sharing, and otherwise processing your information is detailed below.
RenewalTracker relies on several legal bases to collect, use, share, and otherwise process the information we have about you for the purposes described in this Policy. These legal bases include:
- as is necessary to perform the Subscriber Agreement and to provide the Services;
- where you have consented to the processing, which you may revoke at any time;
- for RenewalTracker to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
- when necessary to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
- where you have made the information manifestly public;
- where necessary in the public interest; and
- where necessary for the purposes of RenewalTracker’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, Subscribers or partners.
Our legitimate interests
We process your information in furtherance of the following legitimate interests:
- Keeping the Services safe and secure: We use your information because it is necessary to pursue our and our Subscribers’ legitimate interests in ensuring RenewalTracker is secure, such as implementing and enhancing security measures and protections, protecting against fraud, spam and abuse, and enforcing our Subscriber Agreement.
- Providing, improving, and developing the Services: We use your information to provide the Services, including any personalized services. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our Subscribers on a sustained basis.
Information we collect
When we provide the Services, we collect or receive information in several different ways. In many cases you choose what information to provide. Some information is required to use RenewalTracker and for us to provide the Services. We use this information for the purposes described further below.
Note that all RenewalTracker features may not be available in all locations, so some of the examples below may not apply where you live.
From you, or with your permission. We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly or when we request it from you. W e provide some examples of these below:
- When you subscribe or anyone within your organization is given a user account to RenewalTracker, basic information is provided such as your name, address, phone number, email address, and similar information.
- If you contact support, you are providing us with your contact information and a description of the issue, so we can respond.
From your browser and device. Like nearly every other online service, we automatically collect technical information when you visit or use RenewalTracker or read a message from us. We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device. This provides us with technical information when you use RenewalTracker as a visitor or Subscriber, including:
- Device data which tells us about the device you’re using, what type and model it is, its operating system and version, its unique identifier, crash data (if applicable), and what settings you’ve enabled. Your device and software settings affect what information your device makes available to us.
- Log data which is automatically recorded by our servers based on data sent by your app or browser. This typically includes the date and time you visited, the browser or app version you used (and its settings), the URLs you come from and go to, your IP address and protocol, and how you used RenewalTracker (for example, which links you clicked on).
- Cookie data which comes from “cookies” (small data files stored on your computer or mobile device) and similar technologies. Cookie data helps us recognize you, remember your preferences, and learn more about you. Some, but not all cookie data is associated with your RenewalTracker account. You can configure your browser to reject cookies but doing so may prevent you from logging into our website.
From third parties and public sources. We currently do not engage third parties service providers, partners, or publicly-available sources to provide us with information.
How we use your information
We use the information we have to help us provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
Setting you up on RenewalTracker. To enable us to operate and provide the Services, we use information to get you started on RenewalTracker.
- Once you register and create a user account, your personal information is used to populate your profile.
Provide and improve the Services. We use information to operate RenewalTracker and improve our products and features:
- To understand the aggregate and anonymized trends, and usage statistics of the Subscribers.
- To respond to your support requests and comments.
- To test and evaluate potential new products and features on RenewalTracker.
- To diagnose and resolve problems, analyze trends, and monitor aggregate usage and resource needs.
- For our own marketing activities, such as carrying out analysis to create statistics on and insights into the use of our Services.
You have controls over what information is shared and how it is used. We delineate below, the choices you have regarding the sharing of your information on RenewalTracker.
- Profile sharing and visibility: Such information is not shared outside RenewalTracker.
- Content sharing and visibility: Such information is not shared outside RenewalTracker.
- Subscriber Communications: You can manage your email and notifications preferences on your RenewalTracker Profile page. Certain subscriber-related administrative emails cannot be turned off; the only way to end those is to delete or deactivate your RenewalTracker account.
- Non-subscriber Communications: We currently do not send such communications, however if we ever do and you aren’t a subscriber and don’t want to receive invitations or reminders, please contact us to opt-out of future email invitations or reminders or to ask us to amend or delete any personal information about you.
- User Account Deactivation:
- An account holder or Your RenewalTracker Administrator can deactivate a RenewalTracker account through RenewalTracker with immediate effect.
- User account and the entire RenewalTracker account deactivation ends all email notifications and RenewalTracker access.
- Content you entered before deactivating will remain in RenewalTracker for a period of time. If you wish to have any of this information removed from RenewalTracker prior to the normal purge and deletion period of 6o days, you must contact your RenewalTracker Account Manager or contact RenewalTracker support.
- User Account Deletion and Subscription Cancellation or Expiration:
- To request deletion of your user account, please contact your internal RenewalTracker Administrator or deactivate your account within RenewalTracker from your Profile. If the RenewalTracker Administrator wishes to cancel the subscription to RenewalTracker entirely, please contact your RenewalTracker Account Manager or RenewalTracker Support at email@example.com.
- User account and RenewalTracker subscription deletion ends all email notifications and RenewalTracker access.
- RenewalTracker subscription cancellation or expiration deletes all content you entered before deletion in accordance with our content removal timeline which is typically 60 days after the subscription is cancelled or expires. Some user account information may be retained to the extent we believe necessary for legal, safety, or other legitimate reasons.
- Because subscription cancellation or expiration removes your user account information from our systems, you may in the future receive new invitations to join RenewalTracker. If you wish to opt-out, contact us. Subscription cancellation and expiration cannot be undone.
You benefit from several rights in relation to your information that we process. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below.
In certain cases, such as for access to, rectification or deletion of your information, please be sure to read the options you have under the ‘Your Choices’ section above.
Access and porting. You can access much of your RenewalTracker information by logging into your RenewalTracker account. For EU Subscriber accounts, if you require additional access or if you are not currently a RenewalTracker Subscriber, contact us through our support channels to request a copy of your RenewalTracker information. Where legally required, we will provide your information in an easily accessible format and assist in transferring some of this information to third parties.
Rectify, restrict, limit, delete. You can also rectify, restrict, limit, or delete much of your RenewalTracker information by logging into your RenewalTracker account. If you cannot do this or you do not have a RenewalTracker account, please contact us through our support channels. As described above in ‘Your Choices’, you have several options to rectify, restrict, limit, or delete your information, including your RenewalTracker account.
Object. If we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest and you have an EU Subscriber account, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your data for direct marketing, you can always object by using the unsubscribe link in such communications, changing your account settings or, if you do not have an account, by contacting us.
Complain. If you have an EU Subscriber account and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
Sharing information with third parties
We may share from time to time information with service providers, affiliates, partners, and other third parties where it is necessary to perform the Subscriber Agreement, to provide the Services, or for any other purposes described in the Policy.
Marketing and spam. We know that you do not want spam or marketing calls from third parties, so we will never sell or rent your contact information to third parties, and we won’t share it with a third party unless we have your authorization.
Advertising. You always have a choice as to whether or how you interact with an advertisement (for example, by replying or “thanking” them or by clicking to learn more about an offer). If you reply to an advertisement or other offer, we may share your reply with the advertiser, and we may log your interaction as part of tracking the overall effectiveness of the advertisement. Our systems are not currently configured to accept browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals, as no industry-wide standard for handling them has been adopted.
Third party service providers. We may share your personal information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. These third parties are contractually required to use it only to provide their service to us, and contractually barred from using it for their own purposes. (For example, we may use a company to help test and analyze the performance of our website and mobile applications.)
Business re-organization. In instances where the business is subject to a re-organization, such as a merger or acquisition of some or all its assets, we may, in accordance with our legitimate interests, need to share information during the transaction. In such circumstances, your information may be disclosed, where permitted by applicable law, in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, or other changes of control or financial status of RenewalTracker.
Legal and safety reasons. We may retain, preserve, or share your personal information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to (a) respond, based on applicable law, to a legal request (e.g. subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other request from government or law enforcement); (b) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; (c) protect our rights, property, or safety; (d) enforce our Subscriber Agreement or any other agreements we have with you; (e) prevent physical injury or other harm to any person or entity, including yourself and Subscribers of the general public. Our legal team reviews every request received from law enforcement, and we frequently seek modifications of requests that we believe are procedurally flawed or too broad.
RenewalTracker is maintained in a hosting facility located in the United States and as such data is not transferred outside the US. By continuing to use RenewalTracker, you understand that we may transfer and store your data outside your home country and within the US, as described in this Policy. RenewalTracker will only transfer personal data as permitted by law and will take steps intended to ensure appropriate protection of your personal information. If you have questions, please contact us.
We may retain your information in our server logs, our databases, and our records for as long as necessary considering the purposes set out in this Policy, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information. We may retain your verification-related information for a reasonable period (even if you do not complete all verification steps) to assist with future verifications and to prevent abuse of our verification processes. If you decide not to verify the account and would like us to delete the verification information you provided, contact us.
Account security. RenewalTracker uses technical and organizational measures intended to keep your data secure, including using https on our web pages to reduce the risk of unauthorized interception of your communications during your visits to the website. However, the internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot guarantee that your personal information won’t be intercepted or improperly accessed. Please ensure that you keep your password safe and do not share it with anyone.
Other Services and websites. In using RenewalTracker, you may come across links to websites and services operated by third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies, which will apply to your activity if you click on the link and access their website or service. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such external sites’ privacy and security practices.
Amendments to the Policy. From time to time we may make changes to this Policy, so please review it periodically. The most up-to-date version of the Policy is available online.
RenewalTracker, LLC, PO Box 23134, Overland Park, KS, 66283-0134. Phone: +1 913.735.0560. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: September 10, 2021.